Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Central Park: Part 1

I'm feeling very homesick for New York, I miss the walks through central park every morning before going out on my adventure. I miss staying up till 3 or 4 in the morning as midnight seems way to early to retire. I miss all the rush and excitement and something else I just can't put my finger on....This is my journal continued. We stayed in the upper west side, near the park so I got the opportunity to explore a lot of it....


The great lawn, need I say more....
I just love how the city surrounds this beautiful big piece of nature, it's nice to be reminded you're still in the big apple.I came across this unexpectedly, this is in Strawberry Fields, a memorial to John Lennon, simply stated Imagine.
I love these hot dog stands, they're all over the park, life savers when you've been out hiking longer than you'd planned...
So romantic, horse and buggy's everywhere!
This bench is near the central park zoo, I love this quote by Gertrude Stein.So many statues in the park, really all over Manhattan.