Thursday, September 25, 2008

5th Avenue

I finally made my way to Henri Bendel's while I was in New York. It has been my mission to go there for over a decade! It wasn't quite what I expected, but I definitely found a few inspirations (to say the least). Henri Bendel's of course is well known for the new, the latest and the unique in fashion. However, most of the labels I came across are available in SF, so I didn't exactly discover too much that I didn't already know about, a few of my favorites: DVF, Black Halo, Missoni, McQ, Tibi. The selection was amazing though and can't be beat outside of Manhattan.

I spent a couple of hours in Bergdorf's, it was definitely like being in a beautiful museum looking at exquisite creations, huge selection of designer fashions.
I had a Breakfast at Tiffany's moment at Tiffany's (if only I was wearing my LBD), I so wanted to get in a cab and shout "Grand Central Station, and step on it!" I'm sure the driver wouldn't get it though...

So of course I had to visit Grand Central Station. It was certainly grand! I felt like I was transported to the 60's. So nostalgic, and the architecture was so inspirational!
Inside Grand Central Station

No comments: