Thursday, February 11, 2010

Alexander McQueen RIP

Woke up this morning to discover the terrible news of Alexander McQueens death. Completely saddened by this... He was one of my favorite designers, a huge inspiration to me especially while I was in fashion school years ago. I was always studying his work and writing about him in school projects, he was so unique and original. I even came face to face with him backstage at an Academy of Art University fashion show, he was the guest speaker. I almost ran right into him, and as soon as I realized Alexander McQueen was standing right in front of me I was so star struck I couldn't even speak. Just stood there, I was so awe-inspired. It was an incredible moment.
I am so very sad the world has lost a remarkable talent, someone who stood out in the fashion world, rebel against convention, a dark star, creating brilliant, beautiful work.
Alexander McQueen. Rest in peace.

No comments: